Re: Window Managers / Desktops

On Wed 13 Nov 2019 at 21:14:24 +0000, Clay Daniels wrote:
> I'm new to NetBSD, coming from FreeBSD. I got tired of Google mail and found
> a nice real unix shell/mail account at SDF.org. In the process it was
> pointed out to me that they run their servers on NetBSD. So I've started on
> a fresh install of NetBSD. I'm sure I did not make all the right choices in
> the install, but it works and I found it easy to configure a ~/.xinitrc file
> that loads the TDM Window Manager, you know the real primitave page with the

I guess you mean TWM. NetBSD also comes with ctwm which is a development
based on twm. Most notably it supports workspaces, but the version in
pkgsrc is a bit newer than the version in base and also supports some of
the Enhanced Window Manager Hints.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on