Re: [users] Window Managers / Desktops

Although not with NetBSD, as I only use NetBSD for non-X systems, up
until now, but after a lot of changes I, too, have settled with IceWM
for stack window managers, even after years of using fluxbox.

Although I had it customized and working very well I was still looking
for something better.  Better in the sense that I could arrange
windows more rapidly.
Thought of some manual tiling window managers until a person wrote a
message that made me think.  He said that the arrangement of the
screen should be left to the window manager and that I could try dwm.
I did it and it's what I use nowadays.  When I want to increase or
decrease the amount of screen state for some window it's fast to do
it, but many times it's not even necessary.

Just my experience.

--

Luis Mendes