Re: NetBSD-8.1 AMD64 custom kernel

from Berndt Josef Wulf :

> In previous versions of NetBSD =<8.0 I disabled the uhidev devices in a
> custom kernel to facilitate detection of the Acurite Weatherstation on
> the ugen device.

> After upgrading to NetBSD-8.1, I failed to locate the options for the
> ugen and uhidev devices in the GENERIC kernel configuration file.

> What has changed and how do I disable the uhidev devices in a custom
> kernel?

> Below are the lines that worked with previous versions of NetBSD:

> # USB Generic driver
> ugen*   at uhub? port ? vendor 0x24c0 product 0x0003 flags 1
> # USB HID device
> #uhidev* at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?

> Berndt

USB devices have been put into another file, with an include statement in GENERIC:

Following is the result of a grep search of sys/arch/amd64/conf/GENERIC

6:# kernel.  The generic kernel does not include all options, subsystems
21:include 	"arch/amd64/conf/std.amd64"
148:include 	"conf/compat_netbsd15.config"
167:include "conf/filesystems.config"
917:include "dev/usb/usbdevices.config"
1081:cinclude "arch/amd64/conf/GENERIC.local"
1169:include "dev/veriexec.config"

This is not the very latest, so line numbers might be different in the current GENERIC for amd64 and other archs.  In this version, from last Aug12, the include for USB devices is on line 917.

Tom