Installing 9.0_BETA on GPT disk

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, but don’t have a clue what it might be.

I downloaded the amd64 9.0_BETA ISO yesterday and burned it to a CD.  Booted the CD and attempted installation onto a disk that already has a GPT structure set up with an earlier version of 9.0 on it.  The disk was configured to contain both BIOS and UEFI boot, although I usually boot with BIOS since on this system UEFI booting hasn’t worked in the past.

When I get to the part where I select the installation target it shows the disk(s) and the GPT partitions on those disks.  I select the disk, OK the geometry and then specify I want to use the existing GPT partitions on the disk.  At this point when I attempt to proceed with the installation I’m given a message there there’s “no boot code” on the disk and the installation fails.  I have tried configuring the GPT partitions in the Installer specifying that I want them to be newfs’d, marking the root partition as where I want the installation to go and that it’s bootable.  Nothing seems to get me past this point in the Installer.

So what simple little step did I miss?

Thanks,
-bob