Re: netbsd-9 build failed

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 11:55:45AM +0700, Gua Chung Lim wrote:
> Furthermore in the first update across major branches,
> /usr/obj, /usr/tools were also cleaned. I used ./build.sh -r...
> Isn't it enough? Or shall I do clean build again?

The files listed in the error message are all part of "bind", the
named(8) that comes with the NetBSD base system, and there was an update
of bind on the netbsd-9 branch recently.

Just remove the files listed in the error message (from your
destdir) and retry the build.

This can happen semi-regularily (at least in -current, see below), as we
do not automatically remove old shared libraries. In your setup, where
you build to a separate destdir and create sets from that, it is always
safe to remove the shared libs in your destdir.

However, we do not usually allow such changes on release branches - so
this was kind of exceptional. The shared libs here are only used by
bind and its tools, and unlikely to be linked from third party stuff.

Martin