Re: netbsd-9 ip6 kernel log messages

On 2019-08-29 10:43, Robert Elz wrote:
     Date:        Thu, 29 Aug 2019 09:59:01 +0200
     From:        Hauke Fath <hf%spg.tu-darmstadt.de@localhost>

   | What gives you the impression that I did?

I misread your ifconfig output.  Sorry.

But that is what the error message you reported mean, when a loopback
address is being added to a non-loopback interface, that message is
logged.   Something is making that happen.

I understand. But in terms of network configuration, this is a very plain setup, just a static ip4 address. Which is why I am left puzzled...

   | ip6 isn't even configured on the machine.

In terms of addresses, no, but it is enabled, as shown in your
ifconfig output.

Well, that is what NetBSD does out of the box.

What is the system's hostname set to?
And what is in either /etc/ifconfig.voif0 or ifconfig_voif0 (whichever
you use) [you can drop any v4 addressees, this is a v6 issue.]

# hostname
oak
# cat ifconfig.vioif0
<redacted> netmask 255.255.255.0
#

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344