pam_krb5 on NetBSD

Hi

Is there a way to acquire a kerberos TGT at login? On other systems I just add a session line in pam but it doesn't seem to work in NetBSD on my Raspberry pi.

The man page states:

The Kerberos 5 session management component provides functions to
initiate (pam_sm_open_session()) and terminate (pam_sm_close_session())
sessions.  Since session management is not defined under Kerberos 5, both
of these functions simply return success.  They are provided only because
of the naming conventions for PAM modules.

I thought that it may be due to the OS using Heimdal rather than MIT, so I install MIT Kerberos from pkgsrc and download sources for pam_krb5 and pointed the configure script to the pkgsrc MIT libs and include files. The new pam_krb5.so works okay for authentication but still no luck in getting a TGT.

Am I going about this all wrong?

Kevin Ratcliffe

Sent from ProtonMail