Re: Will postfix support blacklistd in NetBSD 9?

Le 2019-06-10 21:21, christos%astron.com@localhost a écrit :
In article <20190610140046.GA15314@localhost>,
Mayuresh  <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
There was some discussion to this effect last year:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2018/05/30/msg020857.html

But did not see it mentioned on the changes page:

https://www.netbsd.org/changes/changes-9.0.html

We can add it to the changes file (it is already supported)

I think FreeBSD has got it already:

https://www.cryptomonkeys.com/2018/05/freebsd-blacklistd/

Mayuresh

christos

If I understand correctly, programs are patched to support blacklistd. Could we imagine to patch mail/postfix from pkgsrc?

In https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=190602&action=diff:
(void)blacklist_r(blstate, a, fd, "smtpd");
Does that mean "smtpd" can be used in location?
wm0:smtpd       stream  tcp     postfix *       3       24h

According to this site: https://www.cryptomonkeys.com/2018/05/freebsd-blacklistd/
I understand that the service name (or number) is used as location.

But according to this one: https://www.unitedbsd.com/d/63-how-to-use-blacklistd8-with-npf-as-a-fail2ban-replacement
I no longer understand anything ("postfix" is used as location).

Fred