Re: Laptop Recommendations for NetBSD?

Same here, HP ProBook 6460b from 2013, i5 CPU, 8GB RAM, replaced the original HDD with a SSD and replaced the crappy broadcom wifi card with an Intel one. Everything working fine, further details here, https://www.unitedbsd.com/d/6-netbsd-a-little-guide-for-newcomers

Very recently, I've tried qemu-haxm virt. and, it works fine also.

Den mån 24 juni 2019 00:24Brett Lymn <blymn%internode.on.net@localhost> skrev:
On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 06:32:55PM -0400, Chris Humphries wrote:

> Mostly, it seems folks don't really run NetBSD on laptops, and if they
> do they're silent about it.

As a lot of other people, silent because my laptop is ~5 years old so
hardly helpful.  Most of my NetBSD is done on a fujitsu S904 lifebook, I
chose is for the combination of power and light weight.  It took quite a
while but my laptop is now well supported, built in wireless works,
intel drm works, suspend/resume works (though I have to do the console
switch dance to restore X after a sleep).

I multi-boot my laptop NetBSD/Linux/Windows 10 using uefi & grub2.

--
Sent from my NetBSD device.

"We are were wolves",
"You mean werewolves?",
"No we were wolves, now we are something else entirely",
"Oh"