Re: gcc issues when compiling ArcticFox browser

Hi Jesus,

On 6/7/19 11:25 PM, Jesus Francisco Bautista Jasso wrote:
It seems that may be a header issue, if those definitions exist for gcc versions where it compiles you should be considering on using that gcc compatible versions.

Other thing you may try is defining the missing data types and any other header issue (surely there will be more) yourself.

I don't fully understand what you mean. I know that gcc 6.5 works fine on other platforms, but not on NetBSD.

I know that gcc 5.5 worked fine, it was the system compiler

I even know that gcc 7 compiles, as a system compiler, but then the executable fails to run.

I am quite sure that for a while NetBSD-current had gcc 6 as a system compiler worked and produced also a working binary.

My hypothesis is that for some reason there is an issue in the GCC from pkgsrc (both ready binary packges I use on NetBSD 8.0 and self-compiled gcc from pkgsrc). A Path issue? I don't know.

Riccardo