Re: bozohttpd .htpasswd basic auth being non recursive

On May 31, 2019, at 10:01 PM, Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 07:52:25PM +0000, Christopher Pinon wrote:
I meant, if we can't solve this in bozohttpd, please suggest some other
httpd which is nearest match to its minimalistic approach.

apache? ;-)

Well... minimalistic?

Any takers for lighttpd, it it light as its name suggests? Of course,
whether .htpasswd applies recursively or not is to be checked.

Mayuresh

Apache runs in well under 1MB and does all of this stuff and more.

I wrote the original version of this if the default config freaks you out

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HTTPD/Minimal+Config

Don’t use .htaccess