Re: GPT BIOS boot

Hi,

I haven't been following the thread closely so please disregard if this has
already been suggested.

I setup all of my machines to raid-1 with pairs of 6tb drives last year.

I unfortunately have to boot from usb thumbdrive due to being unable to boot
from a gpt wedege with in a raid 1 gpt wedge but if i could start over easily
I'd setup the machine differently to boot from disc (bios boot).

I would create a small gpt wedge on the disc an put on it /boot /boot.cfg and
the kernel and I'd use the rest in a gpt wedge for the raid-1 set.

installboot dk0 mark raid1 as root and autoconfig when setup and the machine
would probably boot from disc.

I'm not sure if this is the case already as I don't use uefi boot but why not
create a uefi partition on all x86 disks and install boot and kernel there and
install bootblocks on the disc with bootxx_msdos and it should boot regardless
of bios or uefi.

Best regards,

Nat