Re: nfs: operation not permitted to change network attribute

triaxx%triaxx.org@localhost (triaxx) writes:

># cat /etc/exports
>/usr/local/bin           -ro   -maproot=root     -network 192.168.0.0/24
>/usr/pkg/etc/letsencrypt       -maproot=root     dns
>/usr/pkg/etc/letsencrypt -ro   -maproot=root     mail www

>/usr/local/bin is no longer exported. If I swap the two first lines of
>my /etc/exports file, /usr/local/bin returns but /home disappears:

The missing information here is what filesystems are used, e.g. whether
/usr/local/bin and /home reside on the same filesystem.

NFS can only export filesystems not directories, so if you think
you export two directories on the same filesytem with different
export parameters, you actually try to export the one filesystem
twice with different parameters.

Other systems may export single directories with different parameters
by creating a "virtual" filesystem for each export, this has different
issues but works around the limits of the NFS design.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost