Re: pkgsrc python default version -> 3.7

On Fri, 3 May 2019 11:32:32 +0000
coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:

> On Fri, May 03, 2019 at 12:10:30PM +0100, Sad Clouds wrote:
> > On Fri, 3 May 2019 11:02:49 +0000
> > coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not sure it's a good idea to apply that patch, though.
> > > fixing util-linux is probably the right thing.
> >
> > Solaris seems to have its own libuuid, can python use that instead?
>
> The logic for searching for a util-linux style libuuid (as opposed to
> the DCE standard uuid) isn't OS specific. if it doesn't pick it up it
> probably doesn't like something about it...
>
> it looks for util_generate in uuid/uuid.

Solaris man pages list the following, so no util_generate

INTERFACES
       The shared object libuuid.so.1 provides the public  interfaces
defined below.  See Intro(3) for additional information on shared
object inter- faces.

       uuid_clear                    uuid_compare
       uuid_copy                     uuid_generate
       uuid_generate_random          uuid_generate_time
       uuid_is_null                  uuid_parse
       uuid_time                     uuid_unparse

FILES
       /lib/libuuid.so.1       shared object

       /lib/64/libuuid.so.1    64-bit shared object