Re: why 2 mails every time?

On 22/04/2019 06:11, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
why do i get 2 emails every time there's a reply to any email by me or
to me? earlier i thought it was my mail client (mailx) which was doing
something crazy, but it isn't so, a simply reply to netbsd-users goes
out and sends me 2 copies of that same mail. like clock-work.

Because when people hit reply all the default behaviour in most clients is to send to both the author and the mailing list. So one is directly sent to you and the second copy then comes from the list.

It can be useful if you want to cc someone not on the list but if I'm confident the user is on the list I tend to edit out the personal address (as I've done with this message. :) ).

If check the full mail headers you will see that one hasn't gone via the NetBSD servers.

Mike