Re: mmap errors related to using encfs

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 12:14:08PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> The following hints may seem obvious, but because you didn't report on
> your investigations into the source code of encfs and git, I'll send
> them anyway :-)

Thanks. These are useful.

In encfs I did not yet find any clue, but it might be alright for it to
not support mmap, as you suggest.

I'll try it out on Linux to see what happens.

In git code I have not found it backtracking if mmap fails, but I do not
know whether that's a conscious choice or not.

I'll log a bug upstream.

BTW it limits utility of encfs for me, as the issue is not just git. I was
planning to use encfs for various kinds of files, applications of some of
which might run into mmap issue.

Mayuresh