Re: Splash progress config for kernel

> On Apr 10, 2019, at 12:16 PM, Jay Patel <jaypatel.ani%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Is this only settings required for splash progress  ?:
>
> options SPLASHSCREEN
> options SPLASHSCREEN_PROGRESS
>

> Thanks,
> Jay

I haven’t tried to use SPLASHSCREEN in a while (a few years) but I vaguely recall needing to pass in an image path to the boot loader[1].

SPLASHSCREEN_PROGRESS has been retired for a while according to some CVS history[2][3], I’m not sure why I can’t find any discussion about it.

It looks like we still need to remove SPLASHSCREEN_PROGRESS from a few places including the options(4) man page and in parts of wscons that use WSDISPLAY_SPROGRESS.

[1] https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/arch/i386/stand/boot/boot2.c#419
[2] http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/splash/splash.c.diff?r1=1.8&r2=1.9&f=h
[3] http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/share/man/man4/wsdisplay.4.diff?r1=1.43&r2=1.44&f=h