Re: scsibus(4) limits

Dima Veselov <kab00m%lich.phys.spbu.ru@localhost> writes:

> I am still trying to use disk array on NetBSD. It seems
> that NetBSD is not capable to find devices with LUN number
> higher than 7. Is that scsibus limitation or driver limitation
> or /dev limitation?
>
> isp0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0: QLogic FC-AL and 4Gbps Fabric PCI-E HBA
> isp0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 16
>
> scsibus0 at isp0: 512 targets, 8 luns per target

Note the '8 luns per target'.

Perhaps read the isp driver source.

Files missing in /dev, if any, would not affect kernel attach messages.

A belated comment on ccd vs raidframe vs lvm.  My impression is that ccd
is more or less deprecated and something that I would not choose to
start using.   So I would pick raidframe or lvm.  But I would also be
very wary of concatenating 8 disks to one, unless I viewed it as scratch
space.