Re: preparing netbsd boot straps from gnu/linux

pbraun%nethence.com@localhost (pierre-philipp braun) writes:

>In the case the message is false and rather relates to labels
>	disklabel dk1

The label is for the disk, not the partition. You can only read
it from e.g. wd0.

>> | /dev/rwd0e: NOT LABELED AS A EXT2 FILE SYSTEM (4.2BSD)
>> It also verifies that the disklabel references it as an ext2 filesystem.

>taking this into account although we're now talking about GPT/wedges.

And that's where it gets futile.

1. Wedge autodiscovery doesn't know about Linux partitions. That's
   why you get reported an unknown type. This is mostly harmless.

2. fsck_ext2fs cannot handle wedges, it tries to get a disklabel
   to use the partition data. For a wedge it fails just like
   did when running the disklabel command and then exits.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost