SOLVED? Re: My first look at nouveau in xorg

Amazingly, I typed '/usr/pkg/bin/startx' and lo and behold had in
front of me the age-old X default of twm with the little clock and
three impossibly small xterms!

And sure enough, I could tweak /usr/pkg/etc/X11/xinit/xnitrc. A few
minutes later I was looking at my favorite wm, icewm, launched from
my very own /home/bob/.xinitrc.

I don't know what video module is responsible for this. I don't know
what resolution it's using, but it's perfect for me, whatever it is.
I'm thoroughly gobsmacked, because all I've seen are failure
messages from xorg in every attempt to configure X for my use.

NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING OR ANYTHING.

:)

Thank you to everyone who put up with my incessant posts for the
last couple of weeks!

--
These are not the droids you are looking for.