Re: Fun with SSD and GPT wedges

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 08:42:49AM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:

>      I recently changed gpt(8) to not run dkctl when it isn't
> needed.  Ideally one would not be destroying a GPT that contains
> active wedges.

Active (== in use) wedges cannot be destroy. So destroying the GPT
should updated the wedges.

> Creating a GPT does not change what partitions
> exist.

That's not true. You can have manually created wedges or wedges
discovered from some other source that become meaningless when
the GPT is scanned.

So create/destroy should just update wedges. You can always
disable this for special cases.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst