Re: Fun with SSD and GPT wedges

On Feb 12,  7:34am, Martin Husemann wrote:
}
} I guess part of the confusion you see is because you have a kernel
} doing autoconfiguration for GPT partitions (that is automagically
} creates new wedges for them if they have certain GPT types), and
} explicit "dkctl makewedges" calls in your script.
}
} IMHO we should have a way to temporarily suspend kernel autoconfiguration
} and let the user do all GPT changes, then turn it on again or explicitly

     Use "-n" to prevent gpt(8) from updating wedges.

} create them with "dkctl makewedges" (which maybe implicitly could also
} turn on autodetection again).
}
} This would also help some sysinst changes I have upcoming, if there are no
} objections I'll look into adding this.
}
} Martin
}-- End of excerpt from Martin Husemann