Re: Video Driver for Intel - resolution stuck at 800x600

On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 at 12:36, Ron Georgia <netverbs%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> " Why not just run NetBSD-current if that works with your card?"
> A most excellent question, with a relatively embarrassing answer: I am not sure how to keep NetBSD-current, current. I am part of the NetBSD-current mailing list and read about different issues others are experiencing; however, I do not really know how to update the base OS or apply a particular (suggested) patch. I did read the " Tracking NetBSD-current" page, but it seems confusing to me.
>
> Thank you for responding. I'll try current again.

You might want to try just running a current kernel first - I'm
running stock netbsd-8 userland and packages and just a current kernel
on my T530...

I setup boot.cfg to default to a new option (boot '/current') then
have this quickly hacked up script I run every so often to update the
current kernel

#!/bin/sh -e
TMPDIR=$HOME/.cache/tmp
mkdir -p $TMPDIR
TMPFILE=$TMPDIR/current.$$
ftp -o $TMPFILE
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/latest/amd64/binary/kernel/netbsd-GENERIC.gz
if ! gzip -t $TMPFILE ; then
   echo "**** Downloaded file fails gzip test"
   rm -f $TMPFILE
   exit 1
fi
if cmp -s $TMPFILE /current ; then
    echo "Unchanged"
    rm -f $TMPFILE
else
    sudo chown root:wheel $TMPFILE
    sudo mv /current /ocurrent
    sudo mv $TMPFILE /current
fi
stat -f "%9Z %Sm %N%SY" /ocurrent /current

David