Re: IPv6 on NetBSD 8

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 5:23 PM Jan Danielsson
<jan.m.danielsson%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    I have a vague memory of having read that IPv6 autoconfiguration has
> changed in NetBSD 8.  Something along the line of "rtadvd is dead, now
> dhcpcd is the way to go".  Am I remembering correctly?  If so; has
> anyone written a migration guide?

I'm trying to become well educated on IPv6 but I'm learning new stuff
all the time. Probably a lot of people are.

dhcpcd is now the standard, and the dhcpcd.conf man page states this:

     ipv6    Enable IPv6 on the interface, on by default.

     ipv6ra_autoconf
             Generate SLAAC addresses for each Prefix advertised by an IPv6
             Router Advertisement message with the Auto flag set.  On by
             default.

http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?dhcpcd.conf++NetBSD-current

So if you're doing something more fancy than just taking a router
advertisement and auto configuring an address, you'll probably have to
read that and figure it out. It seems pretty well functioned for IPv6
from how I read it.

I really need to do more IPv6 testing on NetBSD....

Andy