Re: libstdc++.so.7 is missing

Sometimes it's a bit strange with mailing lists ;)
I've installed gcc6-libs and that fixed the problem. I'm really happy for it and would like to thank you all for bearing with me.
I've been testing the browser for 15min and its working. Although, I have to figure out why its eating ~70% of my cpu, i5 quad-core on some pages.

Den sön 20 jan. 2019 22:12 skrev David H. Gutteridge <david%gutteridge.ca@localhost>:
On Sun, 2019-01-20 at 17:34 +0100, Pedro Pinho wrote:
> The symlink was just a test, I've removed it as I got another missing library.
>
> Here's the output of ldd /usr/pkg/bin/midori https://pastebin.com/h6wbXvBu
> and the output of ldd /usr/pkg/lib/lib*.so https://pastebin.com/UPT68xaw
> the last one, i.e. ldd /usr/pkg/bin gives just read error: Operation not supported by device
>
> I see if I get the time to compile midori from pkgsrc later today.

I looked at the midori package that was uploaded on or after January
14th, and it has "@blddep gcc6-6.5.0nb2" noted. If you don't have the
package gcc6-libs-6.5.0nb3.tgz from the Q4 build installed, please add
it and report the results. (If that fixes your problem, then there's a
package that needs to be corrected.)

If not, separately, as Greg noted, we need to disentangle what requires
what. Looking at your ldd output for midori, we see both libstdc++.7
and .8 get referenced. That on its own isn't enough, because some of
the non-pkgsrc libraries that are referenced there definitely require
.8, e.g. it's pulling in libGL from xbase, which links against .8.

And, separately again, yes, I see gimp is missing from the Q4 packages.
I guess either it didn't build for some reason or the uploaded packages
are incomplete. Whoever supports those binary pkg builds would have to
comment here.

Dave