Re: libstdc++.so.7 is missing

On Jan 17, 2019 7:35 AM, Pedro Pinho <pmppinho%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Nope, this was/is 8.0 from the start.
> I've done a full upgrade from Q3 to Q4 that's all. I know I shouldn't mix quaternary releases.
> Please, have a look at http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/8.0/All/ and you will see that packages are missing, firefox was an example.
>
> While we are at it... is there a pkgin command to remove every installed package?

I don't think so. I do it like so:

pkg_info | awk '{print $1}' > pkgs.txt

remove pkgin from the list

while read -r pkg; do
pkgin remove $pkg
done < pkgs.txt

forgive errors. I'm writing from memory on my phone.

It's been awhile since I've done this so can't make any guarantee.

Edgar
I have a feeling this may be needed if I would need to go back to the Q3 release.