Re: Setting up postfix

Leonardo Taccari <leot%netbsd.org@localhost> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. jan. 16.,
Sze, 21:13):

> Hello Csányi,
>
> Csányi Pál writes:
> > [...]
> > I am following https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-mail.html
> > chapter to set up mail on my old laptop.
> >
> > I installed postfix, fetchmail and mutt.
> >
> > At boot I get the following message:
> > WARNING: default postfix not used as not selected in mailer.conf
> >
> > In the /etc/rc.conf I have:
> > postfix=${_rc_d_postfix:-YES}
> >
> > In /etc/mailer.conf I have:
> > sendmail   /usr/pkg/sbin/postfix
> > mailq   /usr/pkg/sbin/postfix
> > newaliases   /usr/pkg/sbin/postfix
> >
> > In /etc/postfix/main.cf I have:
> > mydomain = localdomain
> >
> > So why does not start postfix at boot out here?
> > [...]
>
> I think that a possible problem is in base postfix vs pkgsrc postfix,
> i.e.:
>
>  - /etc/mailer.conf was adjusted to use pkgsrc postfix
>  - /etc/postfix/ is probably only honored by base postfix, not pkgsrc
>    postfix. Configuration files for the latter should be under
>    /usr/pkg/etc instead
>  - /etc/rc.d/postfix will start base postfix, not pkgsrc one
>
> So I think that if you prefer to use pkgsrc postfix the following will
> be needed:
>
>  - adjust configuration files in /usr/pkg/etc
>  - overwrite /etc/rc.d/postfix with /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/postfix

So, wouldn't I have to install postfix ( with pkgin install postfix )
at all to start it using?
There is already an installed postfix after NetBSD was installed out there?

I think the answer is yes.

So I did
pkgin remove postfix

and change back the in the
/etc/mailer.conf these lines:
sendmail   /usr/pkg/sbin/postfix
mailq   /usr/pkg/sbin/postfix
newaliases   /usr/pkg/sbin/postfix

to this:
sendmail   /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
mailq   /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
newaliases   /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail

Now after reboot, I get this messages:
eval: /usr/pkg/sbin/postconf: not found
eval: /usr/pkg/sbin/postfix: not found
/etc/rc.d/postfix excited with code 1

and finally:
The following components reported failures:
   /etc/rc.d/postfix

So now the situation is following.
I prefer not to use pkgsrc postfix but the postfix which was installed
together with NetBSD system on to this laptop.
I think this version of postfix was installed in the base.tgz set, right?

But now what can I do to solve that problem that the postfix can't be started?
What am I missing here?

--
Best, Pali