Re: Links crashed when open a https site?

* Csnyi Pl (csanyipal%gmail.com@localhost) wrote:
> When  trying the ftp.NetBSD.org URL I get this error:
> ftp: Error retrieving file '404 Not Found'
Does STABLE branch have direct URL?
I don't think so. You have to compile it from source.
Once you have NetBSD installed do the followings.

/***** FOR THE FIRST TIME *****/
* Get the source code (netbsd-8 branch tag a.k.a. 8_STABLE)
 # setenv CVS_RSH ssh
 # setenv CVSROOT anoncvs%anoncvs.NetBSD.org@localhost:/cvsroot
 # mkdir /usr/src
 # cd /usr
 # cvs checkout -r netbsd-8 -P src
* Get the pkgsrc, which is updated every quarter. (the latest is 2018Q4)
 # cd /usr && cvs -q -z3 -d anoncvs%anoncvs.NetBSD.org@localhost:/cvsroot checkout -r pkgsrc-2018Q4 -P pkgsrc
* Install root certificates (to avoid certificate errors during access duckduckgo))
 # cd /usr/pkgsrc/security/mozilla-rootcerts
 # make install clean clean-depends
 # cd /etc/openssl/certs
 # mozilla-rootcerts extract
 # mozilla-rootcerts rehash
 # mkdir -p /etc/ssl/certs
 # cd /etc/ssl/certs
 # cat ../../openssl/certs/*.pem > ca-certificates.crt

/***** DAILY UPDATE *****/ (and this is what I do everyday.)
 # cd /usr/src
 # cvs update -Pd
 # ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -u distribution
 # ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -u kernel=YOURKERNEL
 # mv /netbsd /netbsd.old
 # mv /usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/CUSTOM/netbsd /
 # shutdown -r now
After reboot...
 # cd /usr/src
 # ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U install=/
 # /usr/sbin/etcupdate
 # shutdown -r now
Reboot again and all done...
Check the system version, you will see something like mine. :-)
 # uname -a
 NetBSD sirius 8.0_STABLE NetBSD 8.0_STABLE (GENERIC) #10: Sat Jan 12 20:01:18 +07 2019  root@sirius:/usr/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64

For the first time everything is slow, fetching, building and installing.
Next time everything will be very fast as you fetch, build or install only the daily patches.
Last but not least, check you clock. If it runs out of the baterry, replace it.

Cheers,

--
Gua Chung Lim

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie