Re: message board recommendations

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 7:38 PM <edgar%pettijohn-web.com@localhost> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good* message board to use? I would prefer perl, but
> I'm not opposed to other languages. I didn't find anything with pkgin search
> so if there is already something packaged then please let me know.
>
> *It doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles. Just as long as its easy
> to install and maintain. Or I should say relatively easy. I Have already looked
> at YaBB, which I think will meet my needs. Unfortunantly the installation may
> prove faulty. The file permissions listed in their docs don't work. I had to
> revert to the ole chmod -R 777 to get it working. Don't think I want to spend
> the time finding the least permissions per file.

A very long time ago (12 years?) I used phpbb and I liked it. It kind
of doesn't meet your specs for Perl and easy to use (it needs a
database back end). I don't remember any scary file permissions issues
but times were different back then. I think I tried yabb and didn't
use it for some reason, maybe the same reason as yours?

Andy