Re: How to set up PS/2 mouse?

On Sun 06 Jan 2019 at 14:32:19 +0100, Csányi Pál wrote:
> But hey! I suddenly realized that, that the mouse works on my consoles!?
>
> It is probably because I added this line to the /etc/rc.conf file:
> moused_enable=YES
>
> or it is not the reason? It is not, because if I comment this line out
> with the '#' character, and reboot, then still don't have the mouse
> pointer on console.
>
> I realize that, that I must to run this command, to have it:
> wsmoused -d /dev/wsmouse
>
> After this command I have the mouse pointer if I move the mouse around.
>
> How can I set up this to get it started when booting the system?

Exactly as you already did :-) moused_enable=YES in /etc/rc.conf. That
is the file where you set up various parameters for programs that are
started at boot time. In this case, you can look at the file
/etc/rc.d/wsmoused to see how it is used (that is hidden away in the
functions defined in /etc/rc.subr).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond