Re: how much percent of netbsd core is c89?

On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 05:06:13PM +0000, iam%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> > For practical reasons we restrict c89 + extensions to building tools.
>
> what is intended by "tools"?

This is the part that is needed for bootstrapping our cross build environment.
Once "tools" are compiled, they are used to build the remaining parts of
the system.

That is: the host C compiler (and its capabilities/level/age of C language
support) only matters for the tools build, everything later is self
contained.

Martin