Re: Problems loading NetBSD on an ANTSLE box

I’ve got one of those boxes and I did have NetBSD loaded on it not long after I got it.  I bought one with the minimal internal disk setup, two 120G Kingston SSDs, and installed my own additional disk drives for more storage.

I was using an earlier version of NetBSD and bought it to set up some xen images, but then found out the SOC Antsle uses doesn’t support everything needed to run all the modes xen is capable of.  Had the same problem with trying to install FreeBSD on it and ended up just putting MintLinux on it instead.  I think it works better with MintLinux than the OS they shipped with it, but it still isn’t what I thought when I bought it.

It sounds to me like you’ve got a HW problem though.  You didn’t by chance open the box to do any upgrades did you?  When you pull it apart you have to be very careful of some of the springs, screws and make sure you replace the thermal paste for the CPU.

-bob