Re: rcvar for locate.updatedb

    Date:        Sat, 24 Nov 2018 10:36:54 +0530
    From:        Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost>

  | The question is about the defaults. Except for critical services /
  | jobs I thought a general guideline is to explicitly enable things.

I don't know what the general guideline is, nor whether there
really can be one, other than "the way it has always been".

What is critical to one system/site is irrelevant to another.

Aside from the inertia criteria, which is probably really what
it is, I'd have thought a better test than "critical" would be
"probably useful to the majority of users - particularly the
less knowledgable".

kre