Re: apm command netbsd 8

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:

Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 05:02:05 +0000
From: maya%netbsd.org@localhost
To: Michael Jensen <rednight%SDF.ORG@localhost>
Cc: netbsd-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Re: apm command netbsd 8

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 07:22:04AM -0600, Michael Jensen wrote:

Has the old apm command been removed in NetBSD 8? If not what do I need to
get it back. Also the apm api is needed for asbatt in pkgsrc can this be
made to work with newer versions?

envstat gives battery information for ACPI and others. Not sure what
asbatt is.  Is it really APM and not ACPI?

asbatt is a X11 battery monitir. I'm aware of envstat the old apm was much simpler. I've been working writing a replacement X battery monitor that uses the far more convoluted acpi api. APM wasmuch easier to deal with as it pretty much just returned a struct from it's ioctl.

[]-[]-[]             SDF Public Access UNIX System