Re: Why is TERM=vt100 on the console?

Sorry for the later answer. This mail got sorted wrong in my inbox. And sorry if I put another log on a fire that had all but dies out, but I think my comments are important here...

On 2018-09-14 10:52, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
Gotta drop my pumpkin spice latte and show off my favourite terminal
program, the fish shell. It doesn't even work in vt100, I assume because
they thought nobody would be using it in 2018.

I assume by "terminal program", you mean a program that runs in a terminal, and not a program that implements a terminal.

I hadn't seen fish before, but I decided to check it out because of your claim, and I am happy to report that fish uses curses for all its terminal handling, and it works just fine in a vt100. Why didn't you try it before claiming it didn't?

  Johnny