Re: Recommended desktop environment?

> On Sun 09 Sep 2018 at 02:20:32 +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > I just looked on NetBSD installation, no ctwm.

> It is new for 8.0 I believe:

> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  444440 Jul 17 16:59 /usr/X11R7/bin/ctwm*

> > I also don't think there is any ctwm in haikuports, couldn't find it.
> > Haiku (www.haiku-os.org) is an open-source successor to BeOS.

> That I know. I wrote the original BeOS GUI for Vim and that is still
> used in haikuports. But I would not expect ctwm (or any other window
> manager) in haikuports, since Haiku has a fine window-manager-equivalent
> of its own. (Although I looked at Haiku recently and it seems you can
> replace the window decorator)

> (oh, last time I replied to you, your mail address bounced)

-Olaf.

I forgot to change that old email address (mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost) previously.  Yahoo, including bellsouth.net, blocks messages that appear to be forwarded from Yahoo servers: overaggressive spam filter.  But your domain appears to be falu.nl .

Modular xorg in pkgsrc includes twm but not ctwm as far as I know, so I don't get ctwm.  I have no /usr/X11R7 or /usr/X11R6 directory.

I see Haiku has some stuff for kde and gnome but no X window managers, since Haiku has its own.

Tom