Re: booting from gpt/raid?

from MLH:

> Scratch the request for usb stick boot. My motherboard doesn't
> appear to allow it. I'll see if I can build a cd that I can boot
> off of and transfer to the hard drive for the system.

> Thanks anyway

I thought all modern PC motherboards could boot from USB stick.

What do you see when you reboot and go into the UEFI setup and configuration?

How are you supposed to install any OS, including MS-Windows, starting from a blank hard drive?

How are you supposed to recover if something happens and you can't boot from the hard disk?

Are you not able to boot from any USB port?

Better to respond to the list than to me alone.  That way, you can benefit by other people's insights.

Tom