RE: NetBSD 8.0_RC1 installation oddities

After three weeks of struggling with this I posted the previous message and as Murphy would dictate, as soon as I posted I found what I think is causing the problem.  Seems I had a flaky setup on my internet connection.  When I have a solid connection XSM comes up normally as I’d expect; with no internet XSM comes up in the “Failesafe” state.

So I could be wrong here, but it seems XSM for some reason needs a good working internet setup on the system otherwise it comes up in the “Failesafe” state.

Still don’t understand why the difference in were the entropy-file is located, but that’s a non-issue.