Re: zfs and dtrace, as specialized add-ons?

Kathe <kathe%sdf.org@localhost> writes:

> why can't zfs and dtrace be supported as specialized add-ons?
> so basically, the system delivered as is should not have zfs
> and dtrace bundle-in but rather be configured and compiled-in
> by those users who need them.

Why the hatred of zfs?

We don't have a rule that features which are not implemented and working
on every place you could possibly run NetBSD are banned.  We merely have
a norm that everything should be done as portably as is reasonably
possible.

I've had fairly low-resource machines, and not been bothered by
zfs/dtrace.  (In fact, I hope someone will update zfs to catch up with
openzfs, so I can use it.)

If you have an actual problem, please post about that problem, and
perhaps someone can help you.