Configuring blacklistd

Trying to set up blacklistd after trying to tinker with fail2ban and
sshguard without luck.

Have done the following so far:

1. Copied from examples to /etc/npf.conf and just modified interface name
in ext_if to actual one on my system.

2. In /etc/blacklist.conf I have just one entry (for testing):

[local]

[remote]
ssh     stream  *       *       *       1       1h

3. In /etc/rc.conf I have
blacklistd=YES
npf=YES

and both are started.

4. Watching "blacklistctl dump -da" or "npfctl list" which are showing
nothing, though there are candidates in authlog.

5. Also curious, how do I confirm whether my ssh server is compatible with
blacklistd (patched)? I am using the one from base of 8.0_RC1 amd64.

Would appreciate help.

Mayuresh