Re: cloning RAIDframe config

On Wed, 2 May 2018, Steve Blinkhorn wrote:
I have two identical servers, each with two identical disks, front-panel swappable. One now has a working RAID-1 setup, fully populated. Can I clone it on the other machine by disk-swapping and reconstructing (with the first machine cleanly shutdown, obvously)? The only difference I need on the two are quick changes in /etc.

Yes, but if you want them to be bootable, you probably want to ensure the MBR, etc. is correct.

My usual method is to simply use dd to copy the first sector or so (means you don't need to create the disklabel, etc.) from the master disk to the new one before doing a raidctl -a and a raidctl -F componentX

--
Stephen