redirect console to com0

I think some kind person answered this for me some time ago, but I
can't locate the email.

I need to set up console redirection on Fujitsu Primergy servers with
iRMC S4 remote management console hardware.   I ssh to the management
IP address, and all goes well up to the NetBSD boot menu - i.e. I can
use setup remotely over an SSH connection and modify BIOS settings,
and can choose from the default boot choices.   But as soon as netbsd
starts up I lose the connection.

IIRC I need to change entries in /etc/ttys and one other place.  The
BIOS is set to redirect to Serial Port 1 (there is only one, so I
assume this is com0).   I this /dev/constty?   Might I need to change
its permissions?   The remote management controller believes I am
called admin, but at the point where I initially connect there is no
access to the NetBSD passwd file.

Thanks,

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>