Re: Backup application recommendations

On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 01:19:31 +0200
Jose Luis Rodriguez Garcia <joseyluis%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I would look for Bacula or Bareos
>
> I think that it has most of the features that you request. (I haven't
> used it on NetBSD/FreeBSD, just on Linux long time ago, but I am sure
> that it must be supported for backup to disk, and to tape at least on
> FreeBSD).

OK, looks like Bareos is a fork of Bacula. I've been looking at Bacula
for a few days now, but it seems to be quite complicated to setup and a
lot of moving parts. I might just write my own backup scripts, that run
from cron and periodically back up data to NFS share and also regularly
verify previous backup for bit rot.