Re: NetBSD disk performance on VirtualBox

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 02:08:53PM +0000, Sad Clouds wrote:
> Hello, I tend to use dd to estimate I/O throughput
>
> dd if=/dev/zero of=out bs=1m count=1000

Ok, so it is about in-filesystem writes.

Assuming you use ffs, you could test with the "log" or the "async"
and no special mount option. All three should get different speeds,
and we'll see if this is a file system (maybe default options) issue
or something driver specific.

Martin