Re: thinkpad : e470 : bootup : barfs at acpi

On 02/03/2018 10:05 PM, Kathe wrote:
> have got myself a new lenovo thinkpad e470, it's my only machine.
> attempted running netbsd 7.1.1 and found out that netbsd barfs
> on the first-boot itself, it get's stuck at acpi phase.
> now running ubuntu linux 16.04, working fine, but prefer netbsd.
> i couldn't even get to a point where i can record the dmesg, led
> me to wonder if sending in the dmesg using linux be of any help.

What stage are you at?  Are you just booting the install CD or have you
already installed and it is failing while booting from the hard disk?

Either way, when the boot menu comes up there should be an option to
boot without ACPI.  Press <SPACE> to pause the boot so that you can
review your options.

If you are still trying to install it may be that the installed system
will run ACPI just fine.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost