Re: Unable to join open WEP wireless network

I'm not sure if you have a similar set up, but thought I'd share this
since it took me awhile to figure out.  This configuration worked for me
when trying to use a password-less wifi with an athn device.  I changed
athn0 to iwi0 below...

In /etc/rc.conf:
 dhcpcd=YES
 dhcpcd_flags="-g -4 -q -b -n iwi0"
 wpa_supplicant=YES
 wpa_supplicant_flags="-i iwi0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf"

In /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf:
 ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant/

 network={
        scan_ssid=1
        ssid="ks-guest"
        # or try this instead of ssid=,
        # I think the capital letters are required
        #bssid=10:BD:18:F0:26:F2
        key_mgmt=NONE
        }

and then running
 > /etc/rc.d/wpa_supplicant restart
 > /etc/rc.d/dhcpcd restart

I had a lot of trouble trying to backquote network names with
parentheses or quotes in the ssid field so I used the bssid instead.
I'm not sure if "-" will have the same issues.

Good luck