Re: vt100

----- Original Message -----

| > |
| > | Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > |
| > | The typescript looks strange.  Are you sure there was not
| > | accidental
| > | conversion(s) to/from utf-8 somewhere along the path?
| >
| > That might be part of it, but the 233's are pretty clear.
| > The host is responding with C1 controls, and that seems to be the
| > main issue.
| > Either make it work properly (I'd do that...) or back off and just
| > be a VT100/VT102.
| >

| I use the default options and I assume that something is wrong on the
| NetBSD side.
|
| My only host change in my env(1)/NetBSD-host that might affect
| something is:
|
| LC_ALL=pl_PL.UTF-8

That would influence xterm, making it use UTF-8 for display.
Since the C1 controls can be confused for UTF-8, there may be an additional problem with that
(though xterm does recognize C1 controls mixed with UTF-8...).

This would be an improvement for your configuration:

     LC_ALL=C xterm -ti 102

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey%invisible-island.net@localhost>
http://invisible-island.net