Re: hw acceleration with radeon on 7.1

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 05:56:29PM +0000, Chris Syntichakis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I m trying the NetBSD on an AMD A8-7600 (R7 gfx) box.
> The system boots fine and as I understand loads correctly the radeon driver
> , as the X doesn't crash.
> What I notice is loa fps while testing the glxgears -on average : 97fps.
> That number did not change even when I edited the xorg.conf and put the
> Accel option as True.
>
> May I ask if the radeon driver is still in experimental state - so I need
> to wait for the next relase, or do I have to edit any other parameter to
> enable the acceleration.
>
> thx in advance
>
> chris

That's a Kaveri, which has a 2nd-gen GCN-based GPU.  I have a vague
recollection that our kernel drm support and/or Mesa support is a bit
too old for those (and newer) GPU core designs.

I'm not sure the situation in -current and/or pkgsrc is better.

The output of `glxinfo|grep '^OpenGL.*string'` would be nice to have.
As would be the relevant parts of the dmesg and /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

	Jonathan Kollasch