Re: : in file's name using mount_ntfs (not fuse)

On 2017-11-10 04:21, trebol wrote:
Hello,

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to copy a file from a
ntfs partition with a colon in its name. This character is used to get
files attributes, and I can't find a way to avoid it.

I don't have any NTFS stuff mounted on NetBSD, but I tried this on my laptop running Linux (Dual-boots Win 10, windows partition is mounted on /windows):

Use 'ls -li' to get the inode of the file (first column)

Then use 'find . -maxdepth 1 -inum $inode -exec cp {} /tmp/new_filename.ext \;'

You can also use this to rename or remove files with chars that aren't supposed to exist in filenames or aren't otherwise easily typeable.

--
Michael Parson
Pflugerville, TX