Re: : in file's name using mount_ntfs (not fuse)

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017, Martin Husemann wrote:

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 10:21:51AM +0000, trebol wrote:
Hello,

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to copy a file from a ntfs
partition with a colon in its name. This character is used to get files
attributes, and I can't find a way to avoid it.

I may remember wrong, but ":" is not an allowed character in ntfs file
names, isn't it? Reserved characters are something like <>:"/\|?*
plus anything with the char value between 0 and 31.

Martin

Hello Martin, to be honest with you, I have no idea. I can't remember the last time I actually use a windows os. This is a pen drive from a friend I have to copy some files from. Maybe those files were created with linux. I'm complete sure that you can create a file in linux with colons in its name on a ntfs partition. If this is wrong, then is a linux's problem, forget about it.

I'll search for info.